Grand house opening at Faculty of Sciences on August 18-20, welcoming 1,300 school students from 120 schools all over Isan and their teachers.
August 18, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. – Mr. Panthong Sakhuan, Khon Kaen Vice Governor presided over the presenting of the tray to pay homage to King Rama IV (The Father of Thai Science) Monument at the lawn in front of the monument, Faculty of Sciences, Khon Kaen University. This event takes place every year to celebrate the national science day and as commemoration of the virtue of King Rama IV. Representatives from governmental offices, organizations and institutes of Khon Kaen joined the event.
At 09:45 – 10.30 a.m., the National Science Week was officially opened at Rm. 8103, SC.08 Building. The event commemorated and glorified King Rama IV “The Father of Thai Science” featuring exhibition of the royal actions of King Rama IX “The Father of Technology” and “The Father of Thai Innovations”, and an exhibition of His Majesty King Rama X. Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, Adviser of KKU Acting President and Dean of Faculty of Medicine presided over the opening ceremony. Asst. Prof. Dr. Somkiat Srijaranai, Dean of Faculty of Sciences made a reporting speech. The opening ceremony was participated by administrators of faculties, official and private organizations, lecturers, students and school students. 1,300 students from 120 schools in the Northeast joined in different contests.
Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul said, “An appreciated activity during the national science week is commemoration of the virtue of king Rama IV The Father of Sciences, King Rama IX The Father of Technology” and “The Father of Thai Innovations, and the exhibition to glorify His Majesty King Rama X. The event will inspire Thai youths and Thai people in sciences.”
Asst. Prof. Dr. Somkiat Srijaranai, Dean of Faculty of Sciences said, “The regional National Science Week of 2019 is held by Faculty of Sciences of KKU, Ministry of Science and Technology, and the Royal Thailand Scientific Association. The Science Week is held on August 18-20 and the theme of this year is “Inspiring ideas, developing lives with sciences, promoting technologies and stepping towards innovations” and the sub-theme of “August, the month of scientific learning”.
The main objectives of National Science Week are:
- Glorification of the virtues in sciences and technologies of King Rama IV, The Father of Thai Science”
- Glorification of the virtues of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great as the “Father of Thai Technology” and “Father of Thai Innovations”
- To make youths and people aware of the importance of the National Science Week
- To promote and publicize research work in Thai sciences, technologies, and innovations 5. To enable youths and people to understand sciences more and to know how to use sciences in their everyday life
Many key events and activities include:
– Presentation of flower tray to pay homage at the monument of King Rama IV
– Exhibition to glorify the virtues in sciences and technologies of King Rama IV, The Father of Thai Science”
– Exhibition to glorify the virtues of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great as the “Father of Thai Technology” and “Father of Thai Innovations”
– Exhibition to glorify His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Phra Vajiraklaochaoyuhua
– Exhibitions of different departments of Faculty of Sciences and other organizations
– Lectures in “Science & ART with DEEP Learning Technology” by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Thanachat Noomnon, a Qualified Member of Khon Kaen University Council, which aimed to promote and develop scientific skills in sciences.
– Various academic contests in sciences, mathematics, and computer at high school level by Khon Kaen University
– Activities for secondary and primary school levels organized by Ubon Ratchathani University and Mahasarakham University.
In addition, 12 officials and private organizations from outside joined in organizing the exhibitions. Over 1,300 school students from 120 schools in the Northeast joined in different activities. Three organizations allocated the budget for the organization of the National Science Week 2019, namely, Ministry of Science and Technology, the Royal Thailand Scientific Association, and Khon Kaen University.
News / Photos: Sukthawee Khlangtrakoon
[ Thai ]