Khon Kaen University sees the importance of prevention and counteraction against corruptions and indecent conducts of University officers, and thus has established a center for receiving complaints or reports of actions and whereabouts of those wrongdoings. The center is situated on the First Floor of Sirikunakorn Building. The center is affiliated to the Complaints Management Unit, Division of Law, Office of the President. The system for receiving complaints and reports of wrongdoings has been laid. The corruptions, wrongdoings and misconducts include: failure to act according to the law, with the intention to find benefits that are not entitled to oneself or to any person; failure to act according to the laws that govern finance, procurement, or expenditure, and that the act does not follow the budget plan; borrowing of a University asset by a means that does not comply to the governing regulation or law, or embezzling a University asset. There are two more channels for receiving complaints and reports of misconducts as follows:
- Online – through the University Website: https://complaint-lawdivision.kku.ac.th
A person wanting to file a report can enter the online system all through the hours and is able to follow-up the University’s operation and result of the operation at any time. This system contains the control, prevention, and conceals the personal information of the person making complaints or report, with lawful protection over the person.
- By Person – A person wanting to file a complaint of report can do so in person at the First Floor of Sirikunakorn Building, Office of the President of KKU, or call 043-202442 for more information.
In addition, Khon Kaen University has established other channels for placing complaints as follows:
- Making complaints in writing to a department or organization or Khon Kaen University, or writing to the President and sending the letter through the Official Correspondence System of the Division of Central Administration, Office of the President, Khon Kaen University.
- Making complaints by writing an email to the President (email address: Chapant@kku.ac.th) or making a direct phone call to the President or to the Complaints Management Unit, Division of Law, Office of the President (email: email@example.com Tel. 043– 202430
- Khon Kaen University accepts complaints from other governmental departments that are dealing with complaints such as the Provincial Ombudsman’s Office, Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minister; the National Anticorruption Commission; Office of the Ombudsman Thailand; Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation
For more information, please refer to the following manuals:
- Manual for Management of Complaints of Corruptions and Reports of Indecent Conducts, Khon Kaen University
- Manual for the Use of the System of Complaints of Corruptions and Reports of Indecent Conducts, Khon Kaen University
News : Chumporn Para